Terms and information
Thank you for your booking at the Øy-Hytta (Island Cabin)
Within 2 days you will receive confirmation of your booking. You can pay by Bank transfer, Vipps (norwegian fast payment system) or PayPal. All payment informations will be sent in the confirmation e-mail.
- For bookings more than 10 days before check in date - 5 days payment deadline
- For bookings less than 10 days before check in date - Payment immediately.
If we do not receive your payment within the deadline, your reservation may be cancelled without notice. Please identify your payment with the dates of your booking.
If you have to cancel your stay, the following rules apply:
- Cancellation more than 30 days before arrival - 90% refund
- Cancellation from 30 to 5 days before arrival - 50% refund
- Cancellation less than 5 days before arrival - No refund
Check with your travel insurance if cancellation gives you some rights.
Check-in and check-out
- Check in: after 14:00
- Check-out: before 12:00
Earlier check in or later check-out can be arranged if there are no other bookings on the current days. Please inform us about your arrival time at least 2 days before your stay. The information should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
Meeting point is usually at Fiddan Øko-Gård (Eco-Farm), and we talk you through the way up to the cabin.
Road declaration from Konsmo (from the local Spar Supermarket) up to Fiddan Øko-Gård and TreeTop Fiddan
- From Spar Konsmo drive 3.5 km south on Fv460.
- Then drive for 2.6 km by the Fv508 and left into Birkeland.
- Then turn right and drive towards Havreseland for 0.8 km.
- Then turn right and drive towards Fiddan Øko-Gård for 0.2 km – You are on the Fiddan Øko-Gård (Fiddan Eco-Farm).
Check location on Google Map by seaching for Fiddan Øko-Gård, or follow this link.
Parking and access
From the farm up to Øy-Hytta (Island Cabin) you can drive for about 1.5 km. Along the road you will find 2 signs within 150 meters, "P STI" (Parking Trail) and "P KANO"(Parking Canoe). If you choose the trail, it is about 400 meters to enter the cabin. Or you can use the canoes or rowing boat placed 50 meters from the road and then paddle for 300 meters.
The Øy-Hytta (Island Cabin) and the surrounding area
It is allowed to accommodate a maximum of 6 people in the cabin. There are a small double sofa bed, 3 single beds and a hammock.
We want to maintain the vegetation below and around the cabin, so it is important that everyone uses existing trails and bonfires.
The cabin is lit with candles. Be very careful with the fire and be sure to extinguish the light before falling asleep or leaving the cabin. The bonfires can be burned with caution throughout the year, but any use of fire outside the cabin is prohibited when there is a forest fire hazard. Ask us about this on arrival.
The outhouse is designed to be as odorless as possible, but we depend that everyone who uses it is pouring a box of sawdust after using it so that it covers what you have left. Sawdust is ready in a wooden bowl. In the cabin book you will find practical information about Øy-Hytta (Island Cabin). If you wonder about anything else, give us a call. Please clean up after leaving or leave the cabin in the same condition as when you arrived.
The following are included:
- Duvet and pillow (bed linen not included)
- Firewood for the stove and outside burning
- Gas for cooking
- Drinking water from the farm on a 20 liter can
- Free use of canoe and rowing boat
- Toilet paper, paper towels, detergents and cloths
- Free rod fishing in the lake
You should bring this or buy from us:
- Bed linen and towels - (Can be rented for NOK 99, - per person)
- Clean up the cabin after use - (Can be purchased for NOK 399, -)
- Life jacket
- Good footwear, like boots
- Your favourite food and drinks
- Fishing rod
See also price table for additional services on the Booking page: en-treetop.fiddan.no/booking Additional Services MUST BE BOOKED AT LEAST 2 DAYS IN ADVANCE TO YOUR CHECK IN DATE. If you have any special wishes, please contact us
In extreme weather conditions, especially in strong winds, we may have to cancel your stay. In such cases, you will be offered to move your booking to other available dates.
Evaluation and social media.
For our future, it is important to have good feedback on social media, so we hope to hear positive comments from you. We are happy for any feedback and suggestions for improvements, so please send a few words about your stay.